Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Obsession

There once was a girl who loved accessories, And it all started with Shoes.......


When I was 4 yrs old I remember watching the Wizard of Oz and all I wanted was Dorothy's ruby red shoes. I remember it like it was yesterday when my wonderful grandma bought me my very own pair! They were perfect! The gorgeous red and the sparkle. From that moment on I was hooked.  Now my love for shoes has grown from that day, It's no longer ruby red slippers that are on my mind. Its everything from heel to flats to boots. 


So I'd like to share with you the 5 basic pairs of shoes every girl needs to have in her closet! Now  dont freak out you can have more pairs of shoes (this coming from the girls who owns 105 pairs and counting...) These are just the basic shoes that are staples for every girls wardrobe! 


1. The Classic Pump: 


Every girl needs a classic pump in her closet. One pair has to be black. Black goes with everything and always looks great. You wanna go with a heel thats comfortable not too high and not too low. (I hate kitten heels) Opt for something a little more expensive. The quality is definitely better, A classic heel like this will stay with you a long time. I know it sounds crazy but invest! 


2. The Ballet Flat


As much as I love heels, I love love love flats! The are so chic and comfortable. There easy to grab on the run and look great with anything. I will NEVER be the girl in nylons and tennis shoes . So I wear them during my commute I will wear them and then change into my heels when I get to work or wherever. I wear them alot with skinny jeans or with a cute summer dress. 


3. Boots


I Love in Minnesota so when Fall and Winter are here I LIVE in boots. So I think investing in a great pair is awesome! I tuck them into skinnys, wear them with skirts to church and work. I recommend having one pair in heels and the other a flat. I also recommend looking for sturdy fabric like leather, It will stand the Minnesota slush and snow. The leather will stand up better then suede or cloth. 




4. The Peep Toe


Im not gonna stay too long on these next too, But every girl needs a cute peep toe in her closet. I love to wear them. My only rule is do not wear them to work! Toes and the office do not mix.... EVER! Opt for a peep toe in nude it will elongate the leg and make you look fabulous. 


5. And Last but certainly not least... The Embellished Shoe:


Whether it be a flat or heel having a shoe with a simple bow or studs on it is always fun to jazz up an outfit with. There a great shoe to add a fun touch to a simple LBD or to add some funk to skinnys and a leather jacket out with the girls. Love them! 




Shoes are so fun and such a great way to add that special touch to any outfit. Here are some of the places that I buy my shoes from: 


nordstroms.com


charlotterusse.com


macys.com


zappos.com


overstock.com


Check them out for some fun new summer shoes! What are some of your favorite pairs of shoes> Drop me a comment and let me know!  


Stay tuned for the obsession part 2~


xoxo,
~K 


Photos are from neiman marcus and from christian loubitan 

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog!! We need to go shoe shopping for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I get a consultation appointment with you girls? I need fashion help desperately! (BTW, I tagged you over in my blog!
    http://threemunchkins.blogspot.com/2011/02/shopping-mall-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what are your suggestions for finding boots for big calves. No matter how much weight I lose I have "muscular" calves...

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! we would love to go shopping with you! Txt us some times and we can make it out to the mall! As far as boots for a bigger calves ( I have this problem sometimes too) I check out zappos.com! They have a section just for wider legged boots!!

    ReplyDelete